ED Doctor Near Phoenix, AZ
Experts in Treating ED for Men near the Phoenix Metro Area
Erectile dysfunction is not an uncommon condition or a condition that you should feel embarrassed about. Men of all ages struggle with ED for a number of different reasons. The good news is erectile dysfunction is treatable and most men in Phoenix and Scottsdale who experience ED can still have a normal and healthy sex life after treatment.
The first step in treating ED is identifying the cause. ED can be caused by injury, disease, substance use, complications from an unrelated procedure and more. Since there are so many causes of erectile dysfunction it's important to talk to an erectile dysfunction specialist to determine the best course of treatment.
Dr. Frank Simoncini and the erectile dysfunction Specialists at Southeast Valley Urology are highly trained and experienced in diagnosing underlying causes of ED. Dr. Simoncini has helped thousands of men throughout Phoenix and Scottsdale get back to being their normal selves at our urology clinic in Gilbert, AZ.
Call Southeast Valley Urology today if you are experiencing symptoms of ED.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule an Appointment for Erectile Dysfunction in Gilbert, AZ
If you're experiencing symptoms of ED, contact Dr. Frank Simoncini to discuss your symptoms and the treatment options available at our urology clinic in Gilbert, AZ. To schedule a consultation, please call (480) 924-7333 today. We are conveniently located for men throughout Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, and the surrounding areas